Wednesday, October 7, 2009

12 Skewers and 12 Cards..What?

This is my final product:





This project has probably been the hardest one for me yet. The assignment or the "rules" of the project were to create something that speaks "unity" with 12 skewers and 12 4" x 6" cards on a 12"x12" base. At first I thought this would be easy enough, I was utterly wrong.

This is my first couple sketches of ideas.
Funny how things don't work out.
My inspiration was a football, but I wanted to make it
look modern and simple. I wanted to curve the skewers to give the
appearance of a football fit between straight edge planes.

My quick 3-d sketch of my original idea using straws and bristol board.

My attempt at curving the skewers after soaking them for 24 hours.
I even blow dried them!

After about 3 other attempts, this is what I came up with. The idea was a city skyline.
I felt like this had nothing to do with unity and to completely start over but still keep the curvature theme going on.



No comments:

Post a Comment