Tuesday, August 25, 2009

FiRST ASSiGNMENT FOR i.ARC :)

My idea sketches.

Our first project for iarc was to combine two natural objects with a binding agent. Who knew something so simple could be so complicated! That is the main thing I learned during this project, simplicity is never simple. Everything has to have a purpose. At first, I started out with a flat leaf and a sycamore seed ball. The binding agent was a rubber band and it basically looked like a leaf with a ball on top. Then, after our first critique, Tommy was curious as to why no one wrapped their item. So since we had to make revisions, this is what I came up with. My idea in this was to show contrast rather then similarities. Leafs are graceful and soft where as the sycamore is rough rough and sharp.

No comments:

Post a Comment