Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Let's Evaluate.

Today was my first Visual Design class. We were assigned to research blogs of other artists given to us; my favorite would have to be Tommy Kane. Tommy's page is full of photographs, realistic portraits, and drawings, both humorous yet captivating. Although all of these are very well done, my favorites are the cartoons. I like them because he combines line drawing with water colors. His depth perception and shadowing he creates with simple lines amazes me. His water colors are so graceful, yet abstract. Also, I like them because they aren't perfect; all of his lines aren't straight, he didn't color in the lines, and his quotes don't make sense; but, in my mind, that gives it character. His pieces just scream creative mind, and all it does is inspire me.

1 comment: